Who's this guy?

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
It's the story about the steriotypical struggle of a slightly dense yet dashing, young college student and the day by day trials that come with being a slightly dense yet dashing college student. Full of excitment, drama, and a hobo named Ernie. Each day new surprises that only such a tale can bring, tune in for new updates every week, or month....or whenever. So why am I now entering the wonderful world of blogging? I don't really have much to say. Im not overly opinionated, political minded or preachy. I'm just a big advocate for journal writing and keeping good memories in a place you can find them. Unfortunatly I'm also very lazy so I need to do it in a way that keeps my attention. I figure that telling my thoughts and experiences to the world every once in a while might just do the trick. That's all you need to know so don't expect too much from me, just enough.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

We Have Announcements

       So far this year my family has had some pretty big developments. Like the season premier of any show worth watching, loose ends were tied up and new plot twists were introduced. First and foremost my younger brother Ethan somehow came to the conclusion that he needed to go ceremonially bind himself to a female counterpart. He took a road/sky trip to some Island in the middle of the ocean with his girlfriend's family. I think its called Hawaii, is that a real word? That place sounds made up but apparently there are people who live on islands on purpose. This is news to me after seeing how miserable Tom Hanks was in Cast Away (not to mention the entire cast of Lost). To make a long story short they came back all engaged and stuff. I have yet to deduce if this choice was inspired by island insanity or something else. At least she's a real person and not a soccer ball so chances are good he did it because he genuinely likes her. They set the date for June 1st.

Ethan's update: Getting married  to a Polynesian princess?




       Having a nephew is one of the best things in the world (next to driving forward as much as you can while parked at a red light to see if the car behind you will too. Its like I'm bending them to my will. Every time they do I feel like I own them. I OWN THEM!) As an uncle I get all of the fun with none of the custard filled diapers or sleepless nights. Score. As you might imagine I was more than pleased to hear that my older brother and his wife are having another little chamaco soon. We have been a family of sons and it looks like future generations are going to keep it that way for now. Their only complaint- Beth doesn't want to look very pregnant for the upcoming wedding photos.

Kyle's update: Having another son  to carry on his legacy?



       They have both had some huge life altering announcements to start this year off and give it a good plot to follow. By now you must be asking "Jace, what is your life altering announcement and what can we expect you to accomplish this year?" Funny you should ask because I too have something to proclaim to all those with internet access. It was Presidents day so naturally I was out shooting my bow as could be expected. What can I say, I'm predictable and thought it was the most productive way to 'celebrate' our president. Nothing can inspire me to get good at shooting a bow and arrow more then the threat of gun control. My Dad was there to spend some quality time with me and more importantly to witness this seemingly impossible event occur. Not long after I released the arrow to brutally impale the haystack in our backyard I heard an unfamiliar noise. It was not the sound of dead grass being struck at almost 300 feet per second by a shaft of death, but instead a twang of mystery. I ran to investigate and this is what I found---


I successfully split my arrow. I don't know if there is much more that I can accomplish in my life now that I have done the impossible. I mean getting married or having a baby is cool and all, you can take it for what its worth, but I was Robin Hood for a day. And that day I was king....or president
.....or whatever.

Jace's update: Did the impossible  or at least the nearly impossible.





No comments:

Post a Comment