Who's this guy?

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
It's the story about the steriotypical struggle of a slightly dense yet dashing, young college student and the day by day trials that come with being a slightly dense yet dashing college student. Full of excitment, drama, and a hobo named Ernie. Each day new surprises that only such a tale can bring, tune in for new updates every week, or month....or whenever. So why am I now entering the wonderful world of blogging? I don't really have much to say. Im not overly opinionated, political minded or preachy. I'm just a big advocate for journal writing and keeping good memories in a place you can find them. Unfortunatly I'm also very lazy so I need to do it in a way that keeps my attention. I figure that telling my thoughts and experiences to the world every once in a while might just do the trick. That's all you need to know so don't expect too much from me, just enough.

Friday, February 15, 2013

February: A Time for Love and Zombies

         I've talked a little bit about the 'hard times on the farm' in a previous post and unfortunately things haven't gotten much better. I am still a slave to commission and have made basically enough money to pay for gas and that's it. Fear not. This is not a rant about blamed sources of depression.We are above such things after all.

          Before we get to the meat though there are other things I don't like about my job other than the lack of pay. One is that I'm too nice of a guy. If I can give a discount to someone I will because people have problems and I don't want to be one of those problems. If I can help them I will which means I make less money off of them and the company gets perturbed at me. I can't please everyone. Also tax preparation takes the term 'sedentary lifestyle' to a new level. Never have I looked myself in the eye (in a mirror of course, how else does one look themselves in the eye) and had to say "Look, if you don't find some form of physical activity you are going to fall apart". I have to work out in the mornings just to balance out the colossal amount of nothing that I do at work. Exaggerating? Me? Never. At least not in this case.The best stories are always the ones that don't need embellishments. No ketchup necessary on this chicken.

          You're probably asking yourself "Jace, why don't you just quit and go name street signs like you want?" to which I would point out that it's weird that you are asking yourself a question but addressing me. Unless your name is in fact Jace and my current train of thought has reminded you that you share my plight inspiring you to ask yourself (Jace) why you work where you do.
No worries other Jace, I got you all figured out and am sympathetic to your quandary. I have also formulated an explanation for why this is the case.  You're welcome.

           My job can be easily and frightfully comparable to a crazy girl friend that I really don't want to keep dating.  She was attractive in the beginning but now most everything about her bothers me. The problem is every time I seem to be contemplating a breakup (quitting) she promises some new incentive to get me to stay. This shouldn't be too tempting but the fact that I don't have any other prospects and the single (unemployed) life isn't ideal it is enough to keep things going. So there you have it, my job is a crazy girlfriend. Happy Valentines day to me.

            Holidays inspire certain traditions that are expected because of the date and not because of sober reasoning. So to celebrate like I should I decided that when I closed up around 9 I would go see a romantic comedy and take my work to the theater with me (I didn't take any social security numbers in case you were worried. Just some work related forms and study materials).  I went to see Warm Bodies as it is the only romantic comedy that wouldn't be too weird to see by myself. A movie with zombies can't completely destroy a guys mojo and is strangely festive.



           At the end of it all I feel that I have successfully felt what many others have to put up with if they too are in a bad relationship on Hallmark day. It isn't pleasant and would be more so if I was one of those unfortunate souls who are 'married to their work' (if you know what I mean). I couldn't do this job for the rest of my life and stay sane so after all is said and done invest your time where it is well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment