Who's this guy?

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
It's the story about the steriotypical struggle of a slightly dense yet dashing, young college student and the day by day trials that come with being a slightly dense yet dashing college student. Full of excitment, drama, and a hobo named Ernie. Each day new surprises that only such a tale can bring, tune in for new updates every week, or month....or whenever. So why am I now entering the wonderful world of blogging? I don't really have much to say. Im not overly opinionated, political minded or preachy. I'm just a big advocate for journal writing and keeping good memories in a place you can find them. Unfortunatly I'm also very lazy so I need to do it in a way that keeps my attention. I figure that telling my thoughts and experiences to the world every once in a while might just do the trick. That's all you need to know so don't expect too much from me, just enough.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Well it is a special occasion


























        Not too long ago I finally went to the festival of colors in Spanish Fork, Utah. Figured I'd go see what all the fuss was about. Surprisingly I had a wonderful time choking on clouds of ground up chalk and getting attacked repeatedly by strangers who thought I was still too clean. We "burned a witch", threw chalk at small children and mildly vandalized a Hindu temple (all things I never thought I would get a chance to do without the authorities getting involved). Everyone was filthy, everyone was getting barraged and nobody cared, in fact it was encouraged.



     Why was everyone so content with rough and abnormal treatment? Why were people willfully getting lost in crowds of unrecognizables? Why were people asking you to through dirt in their face instead of punching you in the mouth for ruining their shirt. Just more evidence that whoever said 'there is a time and place for everything' was speaking the truth. There are many behaviors that would normally be frowned upon but because of special circumstances they are expected instead. I've never been happier to have multicolored foreign substances coming out of my nose and ears.

                                     

                       I also enjoyed the witch burning. Just probably not as much as this guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment